How To: Halloween Floating Candles
Tools & Supplies
2X Ultra Cover Spray Paint in Flat Black
Universal Metallic Spray Paint in Vintage Gold
Hot Glue Sticks
Hot Glue Gun
Floating candles, such as the one in the Harry Potter movies, will add a spooky touch to your Halloween decorations. In this easy DIY project, make your own floaters and add a little fright to your holiday.
- Mask off each candle flame with painter's tape.
- Apply the black spray paint to the entire candle following the directions on the can. Let it dry.
- Using the Vintage Gold spray paint, apply it heavier on the bottom and lighter on top to create an ombre effect on each candle. Let it dry for 24 hours before full use.
- Attach fishing wire with hot glue and let it dry before hanging.
- Hang your candles from the ceiling to give them a floating effect.
This content comes from a hidden element on this page.
If you try to open a new Colorbox while it is already open, it will update itself with the new content.
Updating Content Example:
Click here to load new content